let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Victoria
You just have to see this wonderful condo - right in the middle of the bustling city of Langford! Just a short commute to Victoria or CFB Esquimalt - yet tucked away on a quiet, no-thru street right next to the new E&N Rail Trail, connecting it via walking or cycling to Colwood, View Royal, and beyond. When is the last time you saw a true THREE bedroom condo? You'll simply love this upper floor (largest in th...Listed by Royal LePage Coast Capital - Sooke
For more information, see Multimedia/Brochure below. This gorgeous 5 bedroom, 3 bath family home is just steps away from the convenience and charm of Cook Street Village and a short stroll to the beauty of Dallas Road, Beaconhill Park, and the inner harbour. This tastefully updated home has an amazing floorplan: 4 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms (including a master en-suite) and a library/craft room/office are all...Listed by STRATTEN GATES REAL ESTATE LTD.
For more information, see "Brochure/Multimedia" below. Quiet location just a block from the ocean, and a couple of minutes from parks and Sooke Town Centre. Huge 3 bedroom, 4 bathroom townhome built in 2007/8, with 9’ ceilings on levels 1 and 2, and featuring an extra large garage with 10' ceiling - currently configured for super efficient storage. Very efficient design gives a surprisingly spacious house-li...Listed by STRATTEN GATES REAL ESTATE LTD.
Located on a quiet street off Shawnigan Lake Rd 30 minutes outside of Victoria, this 2007 Custom Built House rests on a 2.69 Acre Lot and features: attractive cape cod design with inviting front veranda, main floor master bedroom with access to back deck, 3 spacious bedrooms up, media or playroom down, RV / Boat Parking with hydro & pump out connections, impressive double height great room with high efficienc...Listed by RE/MAX ALLIANCE
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015